WARNING: There is an EBT scam going on that you should be aware of.
If you have received a text or phone call asking for your personal information, contact Butte County right away.
Butte County and the state will never text or call you requesting your personal information such as your EBT card number and your personal identification number (PIN).
Never give out your personal information to anyone, or you could have your benefits stolen and they cannot be replaced. Keep your EBT card number and PIN a secret. Never give out your social security number over the phone, authorities warn.
There have been reports of the public receiving calls from what appears to be the SNAP toll free information hotline number: 1-800-221-5689.
If you suspect that you are receiving illegitimate calls from 1-800-221-5689, you may file a complaint with the FCC.
If you have already fallen victim to this or a similar scam, please CLICK ON THIS LINK for more information about identity theft.
- EBT Scam Reported, Impacting Camp Fire Survivors
- Parents Donate Flute of Murdered Daughter to Camp Fire Survivor
- Three Camp Fire Employees Fired
- Camp Fire 911 Calls
- Rain Impact on Klondike Fire
- Authorities Identify Two More Camp Fire Victims As Survivors Continue To Rebuild
- One Cereal Bowl at a Time: Cheerios Helps Camp Fire Survivor Battle Cancer
- Oregon Reports Boom in Camping, Longer Camping Season
- Boles Fire Survivors Give Rebuilding Advice
- FEMA Helps Camp Fire Victims