GRANTS PASS, Ore. — On Friday, every Dutch Bros location will donate $1 from every drink sold toward a local organization benefiting kids, part of the annual Buck for Kids event.
“I can’t think of a better way to spend our energy and resources than to help support the kids in our communities,” said Travis Boersma, CEO and co-founder of Dutch Bros Coffee. “Each year, our customers show up and make a huge impact. Together, we’re doing amazing things — it’s truly inspiring.”
Buck for Kids has been going on since 2006, and Dutch Bros said that it has raised more than $2.1 million to support children's programs. This year, Dutch Bros said that it hopes to raise that number to more than $2.5 million between all of its 350 locations.
"Dutch Bros is committed to supporting programs and projects that impact the day-to-day lives of children," the company said. "Buck for Kids gives local operators the opportunity to direct funds to youth organizations that speak to the needs of their specific communities."
Recipients of Buck for Kids funds include nonprofits focused on alleviating hunger, preventing child abuse, creating mentorship activities and providing medical transport for sick children.
- Dutch Bros to donate $1 per drink Friday to organizations benefiting children
- Dutch Bros 'Dutch Luv' Raises Over $350,000
- Dutch Bros Offers to Match Donations for California Wildfire Relief
- Medford Police investigating robbery at Dutch Bros.
- Buck for Kids Day at Dutch Bros
- Dutch Bros raises $1.3 million for ALS research with 'Drink One for Dane'
- UPDATE: Police Arrest Suspects in Grants Pass Dutch Bros Robbery
- Grants Pass Approves 15-Year Tax Break For Dutch Bros.
- Dutch Bros Coffee Raises $401k for California Wildfire Relief
- Dutch Bros Raises $100,000 for Men's Health in 'Movember'