GRANTS PASS, Ore. — This year Dutch Bros Coffee raised more than $480,000 to fight hunger with its annual "Dutch Luv" event, and much of that money will go towards non-profit organizations in southern Oregon.
The company said that it raised a total $483,346 by donating a dollar from every drink sold on February 14, Valentine's Day — equaling an estimated amount of meals beyond 1.45 million within the seven states where Dutch Bros can be found.
“This issue touches all of us and we are so thankful to our employees, customers and local nonprofits for helping our communities stay healthy and successful,” said Travis Boersma, co-founder and CEO of Dutch Bros.
More than $25,000 will stay in southern Oregon. In Jackson County, Dutch Bros raised more than $13,800 for ACCESS; Grants Pass locations raised $7,489 for Oregon Food Bank; and Klamath Falls locations raised more than $4,000 for Friends of the Children, Klamath Basin.
“Each year, Dutch Bros steps up in a big way to support our efforts to connect people facing hunger with fresh, nutritious food,” said Susannah Morgan, CEO of Oregon Food Bank. “It’s strong community partnerships like these that are so critical to our shared mission to end hunger.”
Dutch Bros began the "Dutch Luv" event 14 years ago, starting as a canned food drive in 2007. It has since grown to an annual fundraising event held at each of the 380 Dutch Bros locations. The company estimates that it has raised more than $1.5 million for the cause since 2007.
- Dutch Bros raises more than $480K to fight hunger with 'Dutch Luv' event
- Dutch Bros 'Dutch Luv' Raises Over $350,000
- Dutch Bros showing some 'Dutch Luv' with donations to the food insecure
- Buck for Kids Day at Dutch Bros
- Medford Police investigating robbery at Dutch Bros.
- Dutch Bros Raises $100,000 for Men's Health in 'Movember'
- Dutch Bros Coffee Raises $401k for California Wildfire Relief
- UPDATE: Police Arrest Suspects in Grants Pass Dutch Bros Robbery
- Grants Pass Approves 15-Year Tax Break For Dutch Bros.
- Dutch Bros Offers to Match Donations for California Wildfire Relief