GRANTS PASS, Ore. — After spending the month of November raising money with their "#DBMOVEMBER" campaign, Dutch Bros Coffee says that that it has raised $100,000 for the Movember Foundation — "the leading charity dedicated to changing the face of men's health in the United States and around the world."
“We’re stoked our customers came together to support men’s health issues,” said Travis Boersma, CEO and co-founder of Dutch Bros Coffee. “We’re honored to support the Movember Foundation and all the amazing work it does.”
Dutch Bros raised that money by selling limited edition #DBMOVEMBER reusable straws, proudly brandishing mustaches.
While most are familiar with Movember as a concept, not everyone knows that it stems from the Movember Foundation.
"The Movember Foundation’s campaign started in 2003 with 30 men growing moustaches during the month of November, in an effort to raise awareness for men’s health issues. Since 2003, more than 5 million men and women have joined the men's health movement, raising $837 million and funding over 1,200 programs in 20 countries focused on prostate cancer, testicular cancer, mental health and suicide prevention. In 2019, the Movember Foundation will debut its 50 Million Men initiative, which aims to improve the health of 50 million American men over the next five years," Dutch Bros said.
More than 300 Dutch Bros locations across seven states participated in the fundraiser. Just last month, the company raised more than $400,000 for California wildfire relief by matching $150,000 in customer donations.
“We are grateful to Dutch Bros for their unyielding commitment and partnership to ensure men live happier, healthier, longer lives,” noted John Owens, USA Country Director for the Movember Foundation. “Through raising vitals funds and awareness, together we are able to make an impactful and lasting difference to stop men from dying too young.”
- Dutch Bros Raises $100,000 for Men's Health in 'Movember'
- Movember: Mustaches for Men's Health
- Dutch Bros 'Dutch Luv' Raises Over $350,000
- Dutch Bros Coffee Raises $401k for California Wildfire Relief
- Medford Police investigating robbery at Dutch Bros.
- UPDATE: Police Arrest Suspects in Grants Pass Dutch Bros Robbery
- Grants Pass Approves 15-Year Tax Break For Dutch Bros.
- Dutch Bros Offers to Match Donations for California Wildfire Relief
- Dutch Bros raises $1.3 million for ALS research with 'Drink One for Dane'
- Dutch Bros Pledges Donations to Local Food Banks on Valentine's Day