MEDFORD, Ore. — Dutch Bros Coffee plans to share the love on Valentine's Day by donating a big chunk of their sales to local food banks in order to feed the hungry, according to a statement from ACCESS.
The campaign is called "Dutch Luv," and includes a pledge to donate $1 of every drink sold on Valentine's Day (Thursday, February 14) to the ACCESS Food Share Pantry Network, which covers 21 pantries. Donations in Josephine County go to the Josephine County Food Bank, ACCESS said.
“If you’ve ever participated, you know that Dutch Bros. baristas really get into the day’s events and have a lot of fun encouraging people to donate. It’s a genuinely caring company and Dutch Luv is a significant campaign that helps countless families right here in our community,” said ACCESS Nutrition Director Rachael Ward.
Last year, the "Dutch Luv" event brought in more than $14,800 in Jackson County alone. According to ACCESS, every dollar donated can provide four or five nutritious meals for the hungry.
“We can’t think of a better way to spread ‘Dutch Luv’ on Valentine’s Day than to help those who need it the most in our communities,” said Travis Boersma, co-founder and CEO of Dutch Bros.
According to Dutch Bros, this is the 13th year that the company and its customers have supported organizations feeding the hungry. The tradition began in 2007 with a canned food drive, but in 2016 Dutch Bros transitioned to donating $1 per drink instead — saying that the change allows organizations to "address specific needs in their communities."
People can also make a secure financial donation to ACCESS online at by visiting their website here.
- Dutch Bros Pledges Donations to Local Food Banks on Valentine's Day
- Dutch Bros 'Dutch Luv' Raises Over $350,000
- Dutch Bros Offers to Match Donations for California Wildfire Relief
- Medford Police investigating robbery at Dutch Bros.
- UPDATE: Police Arrest Suspects in Grants Pass Dutch Bros Robbery
- Grants Pass Approves 15-Year Tax Break For Dutch Bros.
- Dutch Bros Coffee Raises $401k for California Wildfire Relief
- Dutch Bros Raises $100,000 for Men's Health in 'Movember'
- Dutch Bros rallies donations for Klamath Falls teens with bone cancer
- Oregon Food Bank Issues Third Donation Recall