KLAMATH COUNTY, Ore. -- Oregon State Police say a Bend area resident is dead following a two car, head on crash on Highway 97 near milepost 197 in Klamath County. This happened on Thursday July 18, 2019.
Police say a Jeep Liberty was traveling southbound on the highway, and for unknown reasons drifted onto the southbound shoulder. They say the driver over-corrected, and spun into oncoming traffic colliding with a Dodge Ram truck towing a trailer.
Police say the Dodge Ram was operated by 57-year-old Clarence Noblet from Janesville, California and his passenger and spouse, 55-year-old Laraine Noblet.
Oregon State Police say the driver of the Jeep Liberty was pronounced dead at the scene. The identity of the driver will be withheld until police can notify their family.
Clarence and Laraine Noblet were transported to a Bend area hospital where they were treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
Police say distracted driving and speed are believed to be factors in this crash.
Highway 97 was closed for approximately 4 hours as a result and OSP was assisted at the scene by ODOT, Chemult Rural Fire District and Crescent Fire District.
- Driver dies in head on crash on Highway 97 in Klamath County
- UPDATE: Crash on Highway 97 North of Klamath Falls Kills One Driver
- Pedestrian Killed in Klamath County Crash on Hwy 97
- Two Drivers Injured in Klamath County Crash
- Klamath Falls Woman Dies in Car Crash
- Crash on Highway 97 in Chiloquin leaves pedestrian dead
- Shady Cove Man Dies in Highway 140 Head-On Crash
- Driver dies following two-vehicle crash on Redwood Highway
- Broadway Actress Carol Channing Dies at 97
- Man killed in Klamath County crash