SELMA, Ore. --
UPDATE: Oregon State Police has identified the driver that died in a single-vehicle crash on Lakeshore Drive on Tuesday morning. The agency says that it was 26-year-old Anna Grafwallner of Cave Junction.
(7/23/19 at 11:43 a.m.)
UPDATE: Oregon State Police says the driver of a vehicle that crashed into a tree has died in the hospital.
Investigators say that the driver was on Lakeshore Drive near Selma in a Subaru Forester when the vehicle left the roadway and careened into nearby trees.
(Updated 7/23/19 at 6:45 a.m.)
INITIAL REPORT: A person was taken to the hospital after a single vehicle crash in the 1400-block of Lakeshore Drive early Tuesday morning.
The Illinois Valley Fire District says the vehicle left the road and crashed into a tree. There was severe damage to the car and the driver was trapped under the dash.
IVFD managed to extricate the driver, and the patient was transported to the IVFD Selma Station. Then the patient was flown to the hospital.
The patient's dog was also in the car, and is now being cared for by a neighbor across the street from the crash.
Lakeshore Drive was closed for a few hours while Oregon State Police investigated the crash. NewsWatch 12 is waiting to hear from OSP about the cause of the crash.
- Driver dies in the hospital following Josephine County crash
- Emergency Crews Free Driver in Josephine County Rollover Crash
- Josephine County Fair
- Controversy in Josephine County
- Josephine County Man Shot
- BREAKING: Deadly Car Crash in Josephine County
- Truck crashes into Josephine County school
- Josephine County Sheriff's Office: Missing Josephine County Man Found Safe
- Josephine County Vaccination Rates Drop
- Filling Bowls in Josephine County