Grants Pass, OR. -- Rural Metro Fire says a driver crashed into debris following heavy winds. They say the early morning storm brought down debris onto roads, including a large tree on Demaray Drive near the back entrance into Rogue Community College.
Fire crews say the driver was not injured, but the crash disabled the full size pickup. Rural Metro Fire says no power lines were damaged, and they were able to take most of the debris off the roadway.
They say wind storms in our area often bring down trees and large tree limbs across roads. They say the debris has been known to cause a number of crashes, some have been quite serious. They say during a wind storm it is best to avoid driving, or reduce your speed and ensure headlights are bright.
- Driver Crashes into Debris Following Heavy Winds
- Piles Of Debris Delay Firefighter's Response
- Firefighters Rescue Kitten From Fire Debris
- ODF: Debris Burning is Still Prohibited
- Driver Is Minimally Injured After Rollover Crash
- Two Drivers Injured in Klamath County Crash
- Driver Crashes into Tree, Taken to Hospital
- Driver OK After Crashing Into Illinois River
- ODOT Prepares Interstate 5 For Heavy Snow
- Preventing Back & Neck Pain From Heavy Backpacks