MEDFORD, Ore. -- There's still time to donate coats for kids in Jackson, Josephine and Klamath Counties. This is America's Best Kid's fourth year collecting coats for kids.
A lot of kids and family members walk through the building each day. That's because America's Best Kids has a pre-school program. They also have after-school classes. Kids can take gymnastics, dance, karate and swimming lessons. The owner said people already donated coats.
"One parent brought ten jackets in," said America's Best Kids Owner Sheri Berryessa. "It was really great. She thanked us for having it here. She was very excited that she could bring her son and show him that his coats and jackets were going to other kids who might need them."
Coaches at America's Best Kids said that the Coats for Kids Campaign can be used as a teaching moment. It lets them teach little ones how to give back.
"It's a simple procedure for them to show their little kids that they can contribute to others," said Berryessa.
Berryessa decided to add another donation bucket at another location, Court House Family Fitness. She said she wants to help the community as much as possible.
You can donate coats until October 24. The red barrels will be picked up on October 25. Windermere will pick up donated coats from America's Best Kids. Coats in Jackson County will be cleaned by Southern Oregon Linen.
There are drop-off locations in Jackson, Josephine and Kalamth Counties. For a detailed map of those drop-off locations click here.
This is the address of America's Best Kids: 1914 Sky Park Dr, Medford, OR 97504. To learn more about America's Best Kids click here.
This is the address of Court House Family Fitness: 709 N Phoenix Rd, Medford, OR 97504.
- Donate coats to keep kids warm this winter
- Connecting Coats with Kids
- Kids are staying warm from Coats for Kids
- Coats for Kids campaign returns, bringing warm coats to local kids in need
- Coats for Kids: Connecting kids in need with coats
- Coats For Kids: What Your Donation Means To A Child
- Motorcycle Non-Profit Donates 100 New Coats to Coats for Kids
- Coats for Kids: Motorcycle non-profit buys and donates 41 coats
- Coats for Kids Drop-Off Locations
- Coats for Kids: Bringing out the Barrels