EAGLE POINT, Ore. — Detectives are looking into the death of a toddler found unresponsive in Eagle Point on Monday afternoon, according to the Jackson County Sheriff's Office (JCSO).
On August 5, an officer from the Eagle Point Police Department responded to a call reporting CPR in progress at an address in the 200-block of Shasta Avenue. The caller reported that a child in the home was not breathing.
Police and firefighters found a 2-year-old child unresponsive at the scene. Although she was taken to Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center by ambulance, JCSO said that she died later in the evening.
"Eagle Point PD requested assistance with the investigation from Jackson County Sheriff’s Office (JCSO) detectives," the agency said. "If anyone has information about the incident, they can call the JCSO tip line at (541) 774-8333."
Investigators have yet to determine the cause or manner of the child's death. The Medical Examiner's office has planned an autopsy for Thursday.
- Detectives investigating the death of toddler in Eagle Point
- Man charged with murder, sex abuse of Eagle Point toddler
- Mail Theft in Eagle Point Sparks Investigation
- Detectives investigate apparent murder-suicide in Central Point
- Graves Family Sues Eagle Point for Wrongful Death in Shooting
- Detectives investigating inmate death at Jackson County Jail
- Local Students Help Clean Up Eagle Point
- Eagle Point Shooting Victim's Mother Speaks Out
- Missing Eagle Point Girl Found in Arizona
- Fire Engulfs Eagle Point Barn Behind Restaurant