SHADY COVE, Ore. — After a man reportedly exposed his genitals to the clerk at a Prospect store last Sunday, deputies from the Jackson County Sheriff's Office (JCSO) haven taken a suspect into custody.
JCSO reports that a citizen's tip led them to 38-year-old Lavon Lovis Thigpen of Gonzales, Louisiana. The citizen said that they recognized the man from photos distributed through the news and social media, prompting them to call JCSO.
Investigation by JCSO deputies found that Thigpen recently arrived in Jackson County and had no history with law enforcement in the area. In interviewing Thigpen, JCSO says that they confirmed that he was the suspect caught on surveillance video at Cascade Gorge Store on May 20.
Thigpen was lodged in the Jackson County Jail on one charge of Public indecency, with bail set at $5,000.
- Deputies Track Down Suspect in Prospect Indecent Exposure Case
- Deputies Seek Suspected Prospect Flasher
- Man Facing Three Counts of Indecent Exposure
- Avoiding Accidental Carbon Monoxide Exposure
- Thick Smoke Affects Local Business in Prospect
- Police Track Down Suspect in Yreka Stabbing Case
- Deputies arrest three with warrants during transient camp sweep near Prospect
- Deputies Arrest Sexual Assault Suspect
- High Schoolers Dip Their Toes Into Prospective Careers
- Top House Dems Raise Prospect of Impeachment, Jail for Trump