MIDLAND, Ore. — Near the little town of Midland, between Klamath Falls and the California border, deputies with the Klamath County Sheriff's Office (KCSO) reportedly uncovered another illegal marijuana grow operation of 500 plants.
Having uncovered information about an illegal grow site on the property, deputies executed a search warrant in the 24000-block of Paradise Road last Wednesday.
When deputies arrived, KCSO said that they found a full 500 marijuana plants. Since Oregon law allows four plants for recreational use, KCSO seized 496 — sampling them for evidence purposes and destroying the plants. Deputies also uncovered multiple tubs of dried and processed marijuana, as well as one "unlawful firearm."
KCSO said that the total haul of seized plants weighed more than 2,000 pounds.
Finding five people at the property, KCSO charged each of them with Manufacturing and Possession of Marijuana:
- 50-year-old Robert Leslie Scordel (Also charged with Unlawful Possession of a Firearm)
- 37-year-old Levi Daniel Smith
- 50-year-old Neil Patrick Lyon
- 40-year-old Kristie Marie Reese
- 39-year-old Juan Jose Pedroza Pena
On Monday, KCSO announced that they had seized more than 200 plants in two different raids last week. Less than a week prior to that, KCSO seized more than 500 plants in a flurry of raids.
- Deputies Seize Nearly 500 Plants at Klamath County Illegal Grow Site
- Raids seize more than 4.6K marijuana plants at Siskiyou County illegal grow sites
- More Than 200 Illegal Marijuana Plants Seized in Klamath County Raids
- Q&A: Klamath County Sheriff Discusses Illegal Marijuana Grows in County
- Investigators find $15 million in pot plants, arsenal of guns at illegal grow site
- Siskiyou Sheriffs Seize More Illegal Marijuana Plants This Week
- Sheriff's Office Seizes More Than 550 Plants in Klamath County Pot Busts
- Law enforcement seizes more than 4,000 illegal marijuana plants in Siskiyou County
- Authorities Find 727 Illegal Pot Plants at Siskiyou County Grow Operation
- Klamath County Receives $200,000 Grant to Fight Illegal Cannabis