CAVE JUNCTION, Ore. — Deputies are still looking for an unidentified suspect that robbed a bank in Cave Junction Wednesday afternoon, according to the Josephine County Sheriff's Office (JCSO).
A 911 call came in to dispatchers just after 4 p.m., indicating that the First Community Credit Union at 309 S Redwood Hwy had just been robbed.
When deputies with JCSO and detectives from the Oregon State Police (OSP) Major Crime Team responded, they got a description of the suspect and searched the area. Detectives interviewed the bank employees and a single customer who had witnessed the robbery.
Investigators found that a man, masked and wearing gloves, had approached the bank teller and demanded money. The teller handed over an "undisclosed amount of money" before the suspect took it and fled the bank on foot. The suspect reportedly never displayed a weapon during the exchange.
Security cameras caught the incident on video and provided deputies with a description, but the suspect was well-covered. JCSO describes him as an adult man of unknown race wearing a black mask, black zipper-type hoody, a light and dark-colored shirt, blue jeans, "possibly brown" boots, and gloves with black dots "similar to the type one would wear to handle glass."
Deputies were unable to locate the suspect after a search of Cave Junction and the surrounding areas.
- Deputies Looking for Suspect in Cave Junction Bank Robbery
- Death Investigation in Cave Junction
- Missing Cave Junction Woman Found Safe
- OSP Confirms Shots Fired In Cave Junction
- Officer-Involved Shooting in Cave Junction
- Cave Junction Bingo Fanatic Celebrates 100th Birthday
- Police Investigate Serial Arsonist Near Cave Junction
- Cave Junction Expands Smoking & Vaping Ban
- Grass Fire in Cave Junction Under Investigation
- 15-acre Fire Burns Near Cave Junction