SHADY COVE, Ore. --
UPDATE 9:00 am 12/23
Jackson County Sheriff's Office identified the woman as Tori Lynn Anderson. The case is still under investigation.
Jackson County Sheriff’s Office (JCSO) deputies say they are investigating a fatal motor vehicle crash that happened on Highway 62 early Saturday morning. One passenger died while the driver and second passenger were taken to the hospital.
Just before 2:30am, deputies say dispatch received a 911 call of a crash on Highway 62 just south of Brophy Way. A northbound 2017 Honda Accord sedan left the roadway and crashed into the back of a semi-truck trailer parked on the shoulder.
A 25-year-old Shady Cove woman riding in the front passenger seat was partially ejected from the vehicle and died at the scene. Investigators say she was not wearing a seat belt.
The driver, Cody Dylan Lowe, 24, of Shady Cove, was transported to Rogue Regional Medical Center (RRMC) for treatment for a possible arm fracture and other minor injuries. He was wearing a seat belt.
The back seat passenger, Tyler Robert Van Houten, 25, of Shady Cove, was transported to RRMC for treatment for minor injuries. He was not wearing a seat belt.
JCSO detectives, a medical examiner investigator, and members of the Serious Traffic Accident Reconstruction (STAR) team responded. At the time of the crash, the roadway was not affected by ice or other weather-related conditions. Deputies are investigating whether impairment contributed to the crash.
The identity of the decedent will be released at a later time to allow family and friends to be notified.
- UPDATE: Deputies Investigate Fatal Car Crash in Shady Cove
- UPDATE: Deputies Find Lost Woman in Shady Cove
- Shady Cove Re-Evaluating Recreational Marijuana Ban
- Shady Cove School Closed today (2/15/19)
- UPDATE: Suspect in Shady Cove Shooting Turns Himself In
- Shady Cove Man Dies in Highway 140 Head-On Crash
- Driver crashes through Maple Leaf Motel in Shady Cove
- DA: Driver cleared of criminal charges in fatal Shady Cove crash
- UPDATE: Lanes Cleared After Crash South of Shady Cove on Hwy 62
- Police: Accused Shady Cove Shooter Acted in Self-Defense