WASHINGTON D.C. -- Former Arizona Congresswoman Gabby Giffords returns to Capitol Hill today to help introduce a bill on gun background checks.
The legislation would require background checks on private transactions for gun sales. The bills’ introduction falls on the 8th anniversary of the shooting that nearly killed Gifford and left six others dead.
She’ll join newly-elected House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Congressman Mike Thompson to unveil the bill.
Democrats have long been signaling they would make legislation to address gun violence a top priority. They introduced a similar bill in November but it didn’t make it to the floor while democrats were in the minority.
- Democrats Introduce New Bill On Gun Background Checks
- Trump Supports Improving Gun Background Checks
- Bureau Of Labor And Industries Plans To Introduce Gun Bill
- Oregon Lawmakers Plan to Introduce Gun Storage Bill in 2019
- Rep. Walden Supports More Data Shared for Background Checks
- Uber to Up Its Background Checks for Drivers
- Background Checks Prove to be Main Stumbling Block between Ashland and Rideshare Companies
- Senator Merkley Introduces New Bill Expanding Medicare Coverage
- McConnell introduces short-term spending bill to avert government shutdown
- Bill Introduced to Congress Looks To Fix Massive National Park Maintenance Backlog