Shasta County, CA -- The Delta Fire is now 100% contained.
The Shasta Trinity National Forest says that there is now a fireline around the entire perimeter of the fire.
Fire Incident Commander Curtis Coots says, "there is still a lot of work to be done". There is around 150 miles of suppression repair to be completed on the Delta and Hirz fires.
Fire crews are working with Resource Advisors to try and minimize damage to cultural and natural resources. A Burned Area Emergency Response (BAER) Team is also working in the area, and has completed the initial assessment.
Interstate 5 is open in both directions, but areas between Lakehead and Mount Shasta City may experience stretches of one lane traffic, due to construction and hazard tree removal.
- Delta Fire Now 100 Percent Contained
- UPDATE: Lobster Creek Fire Now 100 Percent Contained
- UPDATE: Penninger Fire Burns 97 acres, 100 Percent Contained
- Garner Complex Winding Down, 87 Percent Contained
- Klamathon Fire Grows to 37,900 Acres, Now 90 Percent Contained
- UPDATE: Steamboat Fire Near Montague Now 70 Percent Contained
- Delta Fire Stopping Train Travel
- Airfare Down 23 Percent
- Containing Escape Artist Plants