Photo Gallery 3 Images
GRANTS PASS, Ore. — The Josephine County Sheriff's Office (JCSO) will be purchasing in-car video cameras for their entire fleet of vehicles, according to a JCSO statement. The Board of County Commissioners approved the purchase on Wednesday, April 25.
JCSO plans to buy the cameras from a company called Axon Enterprises Incorporated—specifically their cutting-edge "Fleet II" camera systems, which don't actually go into production until June this year.
Presumably, JCSO will be receiving the new cameras after those models start production sometime in June.
According to JCSO, these camera systems are 'industry standard' for law enforcement. Until now, the County has not had the funds to allocate towards dashcams, however 'fiscal responsibility' and leftover money in the County budget now has allowed for the purchase.
The Fleet II camera systems store their data within the cruiser until it can be downloaded via Wi-Fi into a server. Then the video data is uploaded into a cloud-based storage system based at Evidence.com, where it can be accessed by the Sheriff's Office or District Attorney's Office, according to JCSO.
"It is your Sheriff's Office responsibility to conduct best practices and increase citizens trust through transparency of operations," said Sheriff Daniel in the statement. "Evidence gathered by the camera systems can be invaluable to the successful prosecution of individuals by the District Attorney's Office."
- Dashcams Purchased for Josephine County Sheriff's Office
- Josephine County Sheriff's Office: Missing Josephine County Man Found Safe
- Josephine County Sheriff's Office Recruiting Volunteers
- The Josephine County Sheriff's Office Updates Fingerprinting Method
- Sheriff's Office Warns of Josephine County Phone Scam
- Josephine County Sheriff's Office Raising Money for Deputy With Cancer
- Sheriff's Office Seeks Missing Woman in Josephine County
- Josephine County Sheriff's Office looking for hit-and-run suspects
- Josephine County Sheriff's Office to increase patrol hours next month
- More Sheriff's Deputies Will Patrol Josephine County