ASHLAND, Ore.--According to StormWatch 12 meteorologists, road conditions could be dangerous starting later this Tuesday and through Wednesday. Travel over the passes is not advised.
Mount Shasta could be seeing up to two feet of snow within the next 36 hours.
NewsWatch 12's Mari Nelson gave us a live look this morning at the wind in Ashland, the first sign on the storm coming in.
Butte County Charter School's principal, Dianne Gorman, says school delays or even cancellations could be possible.
"We've only had to do it twice this year. We try to keep it to a minimum. If we have to cancel a school day we will make it up. But at least a late start still gives everyone a chance to get to school and get some work done," says Gorman.
High schools are affected a little bit differently than elementary schools.
"The elementary school, they just kind of pick up where they normally would at 10 o'clock. But the high school we tend to squish all the morning periods so they're just a half an hour each until lunch time. So they still get to go to each class, it's just a shortened version," says Gorman.
No delays or cancelations in any school districts have been announced yet. You can watch NewsWatch 12 at 5 a.m and 6 a.m. to find out if any schools are being affected by the storm.
- Dangerous Travel Conditions Expected Due to Storm
- Record Number Of Travelers Expected For Holidays
- Record Travel Numbers Expected for Holiday Season
- Winter Storm Warning: Traffic & Road Conditions
- Holiday Travel
- Record Number Of Travelers Expected For Independence Day
- Dangerous Plants
- Dangers of Tree Wells
- Preparing For Winter Driving Conditions
- Avoid Getting Sick While Traveling