Photo Gallery 5 Images
Medford, OR. -- 10 local personalities took the stage last night to compete in the 9th annual Dancing with the Rogue Valley Stars. The event raised money for Southern Oregon Sparrow Clubs, which benefits children with medical needs.
There were many awards given out for different categories: Judges Awards, People's Choice, and the Shining Star award for the most money raised.
Lauren Trantham and her partner Payne Smith took home 1st place from the judges as they danced the Salsa. Monica Clayton and her dancing partner Jeff Palpant took home 2nd place for the Argentine Tango. Jeremy Durst, and his dancing partner Cory Grimm took home 3rd place for dancing the Cha Cha.
Renae Adams and her dancing partner John Schaffer took home 1st place for People's Choice for dancing the Foxtrot. Trantham and her partner Smith took home another award, People's Choice 2nd place for dancing the Salsa. Clayton and her partner Palpant also took home another award, People's Choice 3rd place for dancing the Argentine Tango.
Clayton took home the Shining Star award for the most money raised. She was able to raise $12,570 for Southern Oregon Sparrow Clubs.
The total amont raised by the Stars is $38,514.75. Donations and ticket sales brought in more than $50,000.
- Local Photographer Wins Mirror Ball
- Red Ball From Klamath Falls To Lakeview
- FIREWATCH: Fighting fire with 'ping pong balls'
- Local Man Wins $2 Million from Lottery
- The first black hole to be photographed now has a name
- Tiny deer-like animal thought lost to science photographed for first time in 30 years
- Is Heading a Soccer Ball Bad for the Brain?
- New Graduation Rate Data Reveals Local Wins, Statewide Trends
- Local boy wins 1st place in Oregon Statewide Spelling Championship
- Doctors removed a tumor the size of a soccer ball from a man's neck