MEDFORD, Ore. -- On the corner of 10th and Riverside Ave there are a ton of food trucks. On any given day you can get waffles, smoothies, barbeque and tacos.
"It’s the food truck capital of Medford,” said Tara Dugan-Strout, a frequent customer of the food trucks there. "I would come here every day if I could."
You can also stop by Daddy Ramen. They opened back in May.
"We both grew up in families that were centered around the kitchen all spending time together making stuff," said Lichen Richardson, one of the owners of Daddy Ramen.
It’s a family affair, and now they are giving back to those in need by paying it forward.
“Anybody in our community is welcome to come buy a 'Pay it Forward Bowl' which is offered at a discounted price for somebody who couldn't afford a meal that day,” said Richardson.
Last week alone, Daddy Ramen served more than 42 Pay it Forward Bowls.
"It gives me hope because it tells me there are lots and lots of people who think and feel the same way that we do,” said Daddy Ramen co-owner Phoenix Sigalove.
- Medford Food Cart Offers Opportunity for Community to 'Pay it Forward'
- Eugene Fried Chicken Food Cart Explodes; No Injuries
- Medford Moves Forward On Three Parks Projects
- Shopping Cart Solution Impacting Local Businesses
- Shopping Cart Ordinance Starts April First
- Medford Post Office Offers Holiday Retail Hours
- Providence Medford Offers Free Lung Cancer Screenings
- Firehouse to community center in Medford
- Hands-on Learning Classes Already Offered at Medford Schools
- OSF Offers $10 Community Rush Discount