CURRY COUNTY, Ore. -- Oregon State Police have identified the bicyclist as 25 year old Micah Carmen Rodriguez from the Brookings area.
A bicyclist is dead after being hit by a semi on Highway 101, according to Oregon State Police.
OSP responded to a crash on Highway 101 near milepost 350, in Curry County on February 9 around 12:20 PM. The preliminary investigation has revealed that the bicyclist had ridden into the path of the semi.
Cal-Ore Life Flight Helicopter responded and flew the victim to Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, where the cyclist later died of his injuries.
The semi was driven by 57-year-old Robert Bailey of Coos Bay.
- UPDATE: Cyclist Hit By Semi Identified
- Witness Describes Fiery Semi Crash
- Pedestrian Hit By Car in Fatal Accident Identified
- UPDATE: Person Dead After Hitting Tree
- UPDATE: Victim Identified in Fatal Grants Pass Crash
- UPDATE: Body Found Near Valley of the Rogue Now Identified
- UPDATE: Victim Identified In Single-Car Crash Near Robertson Bridge
- UPDATE: Deputies Identify Teen Killed In Foothill Road Crash
- UPDATE: Suspects Identified in Marijuana-Related Armed Robbery
- UPDATE: Victim Identified in Fatal Stabbing in Selma