GOLD BEACH, Ore. — A Curry County man is in law enforcement custody after state internet crime investigators flagged him for allegedly preying on an underage girl, according to the Curry County Sheriff's Office (CCSO).
The Oregon Department of Justice Internet Crimes Against Children Taskforce (ICAC) contacted the Sheriff's Office with information about 26-year-old William Cody Coon of Gold Beach, sparking a local investigation.
After looking into Coon, deputies arrested and charged him with two counts of Custodial Interference in the 2nd degree and two counts of Online Sexual Corruption of a Child, after reportedly finding that he had targeted a 15-year-old girl. Coon has been lodged at the Curry County Jail.
"The information and evidence was released to the Curry County District Attorney for prosecution," the Sheriff's Office said. "The Curry County Sheriff’s Office is continuing the investigation and further charges may be forth coming."
- Curry County man accused of preying on 15-year-old online
- Grants Pass man accused of preying on young girls online
- Accused of abuse, priests move on to teach, counsel, prey
- Curry County Sheriff's Office Seeks Missing Man
- 911 In Curry County Fixed
- Curry County Woman Accused of Sexually Abusing Minor
- 15-year-old found safe
- Klamath County Falls Prey to Electronic Security Breach
- Wanted Suspects Arrested in Curry County
- Power outage affects thousands in Curry County