Photo Gallery 1 Images
ROGUE RIVER, Ore. --Just before 3:15PM Sunday afternoon, the Rogue River Fire Department says crews were dispatched to a fire on 200 block of West Savage Creek Road.
Crews say they found a large smoke column in a detached shop about 50% involved in fire and called for a 2nd alarm. Crews from the Evans Valley Fire District, Grants Pass Fire, Rural Metro and Fire District 3 came for aid.
The Rogue River Fire Department said the home owner stated he was heating up coconut oil on the stove as part of his essential oil business. He stopped to help his son with a flat tire and noticed the shop on fire. There was about 6 gallons of oil in an 8 gallon pot that was on the stove. The owner added it is very likely that the oil got too hot and boiled over onto the stove.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Crews Stop 2nd Alarm Cooking Fire
- Preventing Cooking Fires This Thanksgiving
- Fire Officials Warn Of Smoke Alarm Recall
- Cooking with Garlic
- Applegate Valley Fire District Warns of Possible Smoke Alarm Scam
- Crews Battle Large Industrial Fire
- Crews Battle 100-Acre Cherry Fire
- Crews Mopping Up Greenway Fire
- Fire Crews Investigating Downtown Medford Fire