CHILOQUIN, Ore. — One woman is dead after being struck by a vehicle along Highway 97 in Chiloquin on Tuesday evening, according to the Klamath County Sheriff's Office (KCSO).
Deputies responded to a report of the crash around 9:45 p.m. At the scene, they found that a driver had struck a pedestrian near the intersection of Chiloquin Boulevard (SR 422 South) and Highway 97.
29-year-old Angelica Jackson, the pedestrian, was pronounced dead at the scene.
"Initial investigation conducted by the Klamath County Sheriff’s Office revealed there was no fault in the accident on the part of the vehicle operator," said KCSO in a statement. While the investigation remains underway, authorities believe that this may have been a suicide.
Personnel from Chiloquin Fire and Rescue assisted at the scene of the crash. KCSO said that no further information is available at this time "pending completion of the investigation in conjunction with the Oregon State Medical Examiner’s Office."
- Crash on Highway 97 in Chiloquin leaves pedestrian dead
- Deadly car crash on Highway 97
- Pedestrian Killed in Klamath County Crash on Hwy 97
- Reckless Driving Complaint Leads to Two Arrests in Chiloquin
- Officials Close Chiloquin Elementary for 3 Days Due to Virus
- Fire crews line 293-acre Taylor Butte Fire east of Chiloquin
- Pedestrian Killed in Crash Along Highway 99 in Jackson County
- UPDATE: Crash on Highway 97 North of Klamath Falls Kills One Driver
- Driver dies in head on crash on Highway 97 in Klamath County
- Crash on Highway 199