MT. SHASTA, Calif. -- California Highway Patrol arrested a man involved in an accident on the northbound I-5 that caused a vegetation fire.
Mt. Shasta Police Department assisted CHP with the incident.
Police say the driver of the car was seen running from the accident scene.
Preparations were made to evacuate the Kingston Road area, but the fire was extinguished and the spread was cotained to the west side of Kingston Road.
Police say the driver was later eating Burger King and pretending not to be involved.
Police also say the driver had scratch marks, grass stains, smelled of alcohol, and lied about his name.
- Crash Results in Vegetation Fire, Driver Arrested
- Roasted Vegetable Pasta
- Chicken Bento with Vegetables
- Harvesting Garden Vegetables
- Cool Season Vegetables
- Winter Vegetable Rigatoni
- Vegetables Recalled Over Listeria Contamination
- Oregon school bus crashes, driver arrested
- Multiple agencies keep vegetation fire to 5.1 acres
- Huli Huli Chicken & Vegetable Stir Fry