OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) - A toll attendant has been killed by a crash on the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge.
California Highway Patrol Officer Vu Williams tells the San Francisco Chronicle a box truck struck several vehicles early Saturday and then hit a toll both.
The attendant inside the booth was killed, and the truck driver and a passenger were ejected from the vehicle, suffering serious injuries.
Gov. Jerry Brown says in a statement that the victim was 46-year-old California Department of Transportation employee Si Si Han.
Han worked for Caltrans for more than a decade and is survived by husband Ryan and their 10-year-old daughter Ashly.
Williams says the cause of the crash remains under investigation but it is not believed to have been an intentional act.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Crash Kills Toll Worker on San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge
- San Francisco Bay Area Tolls Increasing
- Dead gray whales keep washing ashore in the San Francisco Bay area
- San Francisco Mayor Approves Recreational Pot Rules
- San Francisco Mayor Edwin Lee Dead at 65
- Scuba-diving Santa Claus delights children in San Francisco
- Mexican Man Acquitted of San Francisco Murder Denied Bail
- San Francisco Officer Shot While Responding To Incident
- San Francisco Statue Removed After Accusations of Racism
- San Francisco is Allowing Noncitizens to Vote, but Few Will