CENTRAL POINT, Ore.- The $120 million Highway 62 expressway project took a big step Monday night laying down 100,000 pound beams across Vilas Road.
Gary Leaming, ODOT Spokesperson says, "They have the road until 6 AM so obviously the first night being sad star always a little slow everyone is trying to get into position."
Road delays started at 7PM and will wrap up at 6AM.
The expressway project is meant to ease the flow of traffic through the corridor between 1-5 and Delta Waters.
Gary, "Traffic as it comes from say Medford heading to White City traffic will go over it on its way north, if you're going south traffic will go over it to continue on."
ODOT says almost all work zones affecting travel lanes will be picked up before friday for holiday travels.
You can expect up to 20 minute delays those nights, including shorter duration holds on the 19 and 21 for bracket placement.
- Cranes Place Beams Across Vilas Road; 20 Minute Delays
- Man Crashes Into Minute Mart
- SCHOOL DELAYS AND CLOSURES
- SCHOOL CLOSURES AND DELAYS
- Stand Up To Bullying: 30 Minute Special
- Last Minute Preparations Underway for Rogue Marathon
- Winter Weather Causes School Delays
- Allegiant Air Fights Back After Scathing '60 Minutes' Report
- Local Winery Offers Hikes for Last Minute Summer Fun
- Flooding Causes OSF Show Delays and Cancellations