MEDFORD, Ore. — With plans in the works for opening in mid-October, Cracker Barrel says that they are looking to hire about 180 new employees for their Medford location.
The official opening date has not yet been announced, but a statement from the company on Tuesday said that the date will be announced about four weeks prior to the actual opening.
Cracker Barrel says that they are looking to fill "all skill" positions both in the restaurant and on the retail side of the store. You can follow this link to check out the different positions.
As is customary for the nationwide chain, the Medford location is set to feature assorted vintage Americana bric-a-brac, with much of it themed around Medford and the Rogue Valley including:
- A Piggy Pear sign from Highcroft Orchards, a Medford company open during the 1940s
- A Pic O Pac brand Medford Pears sign from the Pinnacle Packing Co. Inc., who had a packing plant just off 4th Street in Medford
- One wall dedicated to Medford's fruit and agriculture industry, including hand planters and fruit-picking baskets
- An area dedicated to Oregon's history in the lumber industry, paying homage to companies like Western Lumber that have called Medford home since the 1950s
- Vintage binoculars and bird prints that are a nod to birdwatching in Rogue Valley
For more on how the store is decorated and who does the picking for decor, check out this story on Larry Singleton, "the man with the coolest job in America."
When Cracker Barrel opens its doors in October it will be at the Southside Center where Center Drive crosses Garfield Street. Soon to be joining Cracker Barrel are Chipotle, Mod Pizza and Five Guys.
- Cracker Barrel Begins Hiring Ahead of Medford Opening
- Medford Celebrates New Cracker Barrel
- Cracker Barrel Coming To Medford
- Cracker Barrel Announces Opening Date for Medford Location
- Fundraising Begins For Medford Replacement Playground
- Medford Stoplights to Begin Giving Speeding Tickets
- ODOT To Begin Construction On Medford Viaduct
- Volunteers Begin Construction on Revamped Medford Playground
- Colorado's 'Bomb Cyclone' storm barrels toward Midwest
- Forest Service Forged Ahead With Hiring Through Shutdown