MEDFORD, Ore -- The frigid weather and snow in Medford did not put a damper on the Couple Shuffle Relay and Love Stinks 5-K.
The Valentine's Day themed race put on by Southern Oregon runners not only went along as planned, but it built some character for everyone who participated. Newswatch 12's Jake Garcia participated in the race yesterday. He says he is one of the lucky ones who can now say he's run in a snowstorm.
The race started at 9 am at the Rogue Valley Country Club. Conditions were wet and Jake says the snow really started coming down around mile two.
The water station was apparently the loneliest place on the course.
Jake says everyone was in good spirits and glad they had a story to tell.
Angela Johnson another runner says, "Well it was freezing to start. But then once I got warmed up I felt like, I really didn't even notice it, besides the puddles. Running through the puddles and my feet being soaking wet, but otherwise I actually thought it was a really cool experience, really fun."
- Couple Shuffle Relay and Love Stinks 5K
- Language of Love
- Hundreds Spread Kindness in Run with Grace 5K
- Ugly Sweater 5K Raises About $5,000 for Foster Families
- Hundreds Remember Late Teen Grace Holt in Annual 5K Run
- Grilled cheese fundraiser nets $5K for Josephine County Food Bank
- Hidden Valley High School Students Plan 103-Mile Relay To End Bullying
- YOUR PHOTOS: National Love Your Pet Day!
- SOREDI Launch Talk: Building Brands Customers Love
- Couple Rescues Man Stranded On Grayback Mountain