CENTRAL POINT, Ore. -- Today thousands of people will be heading to the Jackson County Expo for Country Crossings. The festival kiks off at noon and closures and changes to traffic patterns are quick to follow.
Peninger Road will be closed passed the Expo's Gate 1 throughout the festival. At 7PM the road will close completely. The biggest change to traffic patterns will be Upton Road, which will accommodate both drivers and pedestrians in the area.
"Upton Road is going to be a one lane road so it's going to have cones down the center of it. You're going to be able to go northbound only and you will not be able to drive southbound at all so people living in the area or visiting that area have to enter off of 10th street," said Jackson County Roads and Parks Director John Vial.
VIP and Handicap Parking enters at Gate 1. Passenger drop-off is also at Gate 1.
There's no official festival parking for general admission. Instead, patrons can pay a fee to park at Crater High School, Scenic Middle school, and Jewett Elementary. You can expect a lot of pedestrian traffic along the streets of Central Point as there is no shuttle service offered this year.
"This year they asked the school district to use shuttles but the school district couldn't figure out because it’s all volunteer based how to really effectively charge for that shuttle service and shuttles are expensive because of personnel you know and staffing and the cost of you know running those buses. So there wasn't anyone that was willing to take on that cost," said Central Point Public Works Director Matt Samitore.
Walking from Crater High, Scenic Middle School or Jewett Elementary will take you about 20 to 30 minutes according to Google Maps. So get your walking shoes ready for the walk there and the walk back.
Festival organizers are also advising festival goers to avoid Exit 33 in Central Point and instead take the exit before or after.
- Country Crossings Traffic Impacts
- Country Crossings Parking and Traffic Woes
- Making the Trek to Country Crossings
- Navigating the 2018 Country Crossings Music Festival
- UPDATE: Country Crossings Vendors Fighting Payment Problems
- Country Crossings Contract with the Expo
- Deputies Prepare for Country Crossings with Greenway Sweep
- Expo Working to Find Replacement for Country Crossings
- Flu Spikes Across Country
- Bear Creek Greenway to be Closed During Country Crossings Amid Fire Concerns