MYRTLE POINT, Ore. — A Myrtle Point woman punched her boyfriend in the face "because he left her dog outside in the rain," according to the Coos County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies responded shortly after 6 p.m. on Tuesday after someone reported an assault on Miller Road in the town of Myrtle Point. When they arrived at the scene, a man named James told deputies that his girlfriend, 38-year-old Melissa Sue Morris, had punched him in the face.
"Deputies observed a marble sized welt and a scratch mark on James' right eyebrow," the Sheriff's Office said. "James stated he was talking to Melissa when she punched him in the face two times."
When deputies interviewed Morris, she admitted that she had punched James because he had left her dog outside in the rain, according to the Sheriff's Office.
Morris was arrested on an Assault IV Domestic charge and taken to the Coos County Jail for booking.
- Coos County woman punched boyfriend for leaving 'her dog outside in the rain,' deputies say
- Oregon Woman Accused of Shooting Boyfriend
- Woman Punched In Face, Threatened With Knife
- Motorcyclist dies in Coos county crash
- A woman who encouraged her boyfriend to kill himself will leave jail early even after her parole was denied
- Sheriff, Deputies of Rural Oregon County to Leave Office
- Suspect Arrested in Grants Pass for Punching, Strangling Woman
- Body found along highway 101 in Coos County
- Coos Bay robbery suspect murdered in California
- Eagle Point Standoff Suspect Arrested, Deputies Placed on Leave