BROOKINGS, Ore. -- A controlled burn is scheduled to begin January 2nd at the Alderwood Subdivision project (4th street, between Easy and Ransom) in Brookings.
John Rapraeger Construction will be burning debris for an estimated two days.
The burn will be in a pit, fans will be used to keep the heat intense and to help minimize the production of smoke. Rapraeger will also be using equipment to feed the piles into the burn pit.
Rapraeger has secured a burn permit from the Fire Chief and the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ).
- Controlled Burn Scheduled For January In Brookings
- Controlled Burn Planned in Brookings
- Fire Managers Start Controlled Burns
- City of Ashland Conducting Controlled Burns
- Get Text Alerts About Controlled Burns
- Controlled burn wrapping up near Chemult
- Out of Control Burn Pile Causes Grass Fire
- Klondike Fire Tops 100,000 Acres, Controlled Burns Delayed
- Fire crews conduct controlled burns around the Jackson County Expo
- Wildfires are 'burning longer' and 'harder to control,' officials warn