BROOKINGS, Ore. -- The City of Brookings says a controlled burn is scheduled to begin on January 15, 2019 and will last for an estimated three days.
It will happen at the Alderwood Subdivision project on 4th Street, between Easy and Ransom.
John Rapraeger Construction will be burning the debris in a pit. Crews will use fans to keep the heat intense and minimize smoke in the area.
- Controlled Burn Planned in Brookings
- Controlled Burn Scheduled For January In Brookings
- Fire Managers Start Controlled Burns
- City of Ashland Conducting Controlled Burns
- Get Text Alerts About Controlled Burns
- Controlled burn wrapping up near Chemult
- Out of Control Burn Pile Causes Grass Fire
- Klondike Fire Tops 100,000 Acres, Controlled Burns Delayed
- Fire crews conduct controlled burns around the Jackson County Expo
- Wildfires are 'burning longer' and 'harder to control,' officials warn