BREAKING NEWS Shot fired at Parkway Christian Center in Grants Pass Full Story
SEVERE WX : Fire Weather Watch View Alerts

Compressor failure causes smoke investigation in Ashland

A compressor feeding a refrigeration unit failed when the refrigerator leaked.

Posted: May 30, 2019 5:50 AM
Updated: May 30, 2019 10:16 AM

ASHLAND, Ore. -- The Market of Choice in Ashland will have a soft opening on Thursday due to a compressor failure, and there will not be many refrigerated items available.

A compressor feeding a refrigeration unit caused firefighters to respond to a fire call at the Market of Choice. There was no fire, but smoke was coming out of the compressor room.

Four engines responded to the scene, and the damage is being assessed. No one was hurt.

Article Comments

Medford
Clear
87° wxIcon
Hi: 95° Lo: 61°
Feels Like: 87°
Brookings
Scattered Clouds
61° wxIcon
Hi: 66° Lo: 52°
Feels Like: 61°
Crater Lake
Clear
85° wxIcon
Hi: 87° Lo: 56°
Feels Like: 85°
Grants Pass
Clear
90° wxIcon
Hi: 93° Lo: 63°
Feels Like: 90°
Klamath Falls
Clear
85° wxIcon
Hi: 90° Lo: 52°
Feels Like: 85°
Hot Sunday
KDRV Radar
KDRV Fire Danger
KDRV Weather Cam

Community Events