Mt. Shasta, CALIF.-- A climber from Mexico died from injuries he got while trying to climb Mt. Shasta.
The Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office says Carlos Flores, 24, was climbing Saturday.
His hiking partner says Flores fell on Casaval Ridge in the area of Red Banks. She had to hike to Lake Helen to get a good enough signal to call in a search and rescue team.
His hiking partner said Flores had hurt his ankle earlier and was climbing down the mountain on his own when he fell.
A helicopter was called. A rescue team was able to airlift Flores to Mercy-Mount Shasta Hospital.
His injuries were so severe he was flown to another hospital outside the county.
Flores later died in the hospital.
- Climber dies after fall on Mt. Shasta
- Siskiyou County deputies rescue Mt. Shasta climbers
- Climber Stranded on Mt. Shasta Saved by Search & Rescue Teams
- Massive Avalanche Hits Mt. Shasta
- Mt. Shasta man dead following cliff fall along Sacramento River
- Mt. Shasta and Mt. Ashland Could Both Re-open Friday
- Mt. Ashland and Mt. Shasta are Closed Sunday
- Opening Day at Mt. Shasta Ski Park
- Mt. Shasta Ski Park Closed Today
- Mt. Shasta Ski Park closed today