WHITE CITY -- A Medford man is in jail on charges related to the sexual abuse of a kindergarten student in White City. The Jackson County Sheriff's Office issued a news released about the arrest today.
The Jackson County Sheriff's Office says deputies arrested 72-year-old Jerry Duane Lodge on Friday. The Sheriff's Office says Lodge sexually touched a 5-year-old girl while volunteering at Lower Table Rock Elementary School.
Lodge was in the classroom through the Foster Grandparent Program facilitated by Community Volunteer Network, a division of Pacific Retirement Services (PRS). The program places senior volunteers in classrooms throughout the Rogue Valley. Participants must pass a criminal background check.
Detectives say once the abuse allegations surfaced on December 6, officials with Jackson County School District #9 and PRS prevented Lodge from having any further contact with children and cooperated fully with the criminal investigation. Today, school officials are sending a notice to all parents in the child's classroom.
The Sheriff's Office also says during the investigation, detectives learned that Lodge volunteered in classrooms at McLoughlin Middle School and Kids Unlimited in Medford during the 2017 calendar year. No allegations of abuse by Lodge have been reported at those locations.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information about the case is asked to call Detective Jason Penn at (541) 770-8925.
- Classroom Volunteer Arrested on Sex Abuse Charges
- Sheriff: Classroom 'Grandpa' Sentenced for Sex Abuse
- Classroom Volunteer Charged for Second Victim
- Oregon Sex Offender Arrested on New Sex Abuse Charges
- Gold Hill Man Arrested for Sex Abuse
- Medford Chiropractor Arrested On Sex Crime Charges
- Oregon Man Awaiting Trial on Sex Abuse Charges Disappears
- White City Man Found Guilty of Sex Abuse Charges
- Grants Pass Police charge man with child sex abuse
- Former Medford 'daycare' owner convicted of child sex abuse charges