BROOKINGS, Ore. — The City of Brookings issued a boil water advisory on Wednesday afternoon after a water service line break caused a loss of pressurization.
The line break affected the Brookings Tidewater Water Tank, the City said, which meant that residents in the Marina Heights area would need to boil their drinking water to guard against any potential contamination.
The following are streets affected by the boil water advisory:
- Eastwood Lane
- Pacific View
- Marina Heights Road
- Marina Heights Loop
- Rivera Court
- Old County
- Pacific Terrace
- Marine Drive
- Rosichelli Lane
"UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, BOIL YOUR TAP WATER BEFORE DRINKING," the City said in a statement. "Bring all water to a rolling boil for one minute. Let it cool before using. You should use boiled or purchased bottled water for drinking, making ice, brushing teeth, washing dishes, and food preparation. Boiling kills bacteria and other organisms in the water."
The City of Brookings Public Works Department was working to repair the problem, according to the City's statement.
- City of Brookings issues boil water order for Marina Heights area
- Resist the Boiling Water Challenge
- City of Medford Lifts 'Boil Water Advisory' for Residents, School
- UPDATE: Medford Water Commission Lifts Boil Water Advisory For Specific Area
- Water Main Break in Brookings Affecting Multiple Streets
- Water treatment mechanical failure in Brookings now fixed
- A Dozen Homes Affected by Boil Water Advisory in Medford
- Brookings Shooting Suspect in Custody
- Controlled Burn Planned in Brookings
- Avalanche Warning Issued For Mount Hood Area