MEDFORD, Ore. — A student was injured and police shut down traffic for about an hour after a driver rear-ended a school bus on Vilas Road, according to the Medford Police Department (MPD).
Officers shut down the westbound lanes of traffic on Vilas after responding to the incident — and an ambulance was called in order to "check some people out," MPD said in a Facebook post.
MPD later updated their post to reflect that one child had been transported to the hospital for minor injuries, and the driver of the vehicle that struck the bus was cited for Careless Driving.
NewsWatch 12 has a reporter working to get more details on the story, and we will update you when new information comes to light.
- Child Injured After Driver Hits School Bus in Medford
- Two children injured after school bus hit in Medford
- Medford School District Tackles Child Obesity
- Washington school bus driver faces DUI charge
- Oregon school bus crashes, driver arrested
- Kid Time, YMCA Bus Vandalized in Medford
- School District Says Driver Acted Correctly During Bus Incident
- Medford schools completing seismic upgrades
- Driver Is Minimally Injured After Rollover Crash
- Two Drivers Injured in Klamath County Crash