MEDFORD, Ore. — After many months of building (pun intended) anticipation, the first-ever Chick-fil-A location in Southern Oregon says that it's almost ready to open for business.
Chick-fil-A "Crater Lake & Pacific Highway" is in the finishing stages of construction at the corner of N Pacific Highway and Rossanley Drive. The estimated opening day is Thursday, January 23.
According to the company, the franchise owner will be Oregon native Chris Peyton, who has lived in Virginia for about 20 years after his career in the Navy brought him to the East Coast.
“My family and I are thrilled to return home to Oregon and join the Medford community,” said Peyton. “I look forward to welcoming everyone into our restaurant and having a positive impact on the Team Members, guests and community that my family and I call home.”
The restaurant is currently in the process of hiring 115 full and part-time employees to operate the new location, and listings put the pay for all positions at $13 an hour or higher. Chick-fil-A says that it also offers flexible pay, competitive benefits, opportunities for leadership growth and college scholarships for employees.
Chick fil-A also says that at least some of the food and ingredients will come from farmers in the area.
"Chick-fil-A Crater Lake & Pacific Hwy will partner with regional farmers and suppliers to source as many regionally grown ingredients as possible," the company said in a statement. "All of the apples used in the restaurant’s salads and fruit cups are grown in the Pacific Northwest, and the potatoes used to make hash browns and Waffle Potato Fries are sourced from the Columbia River Basin."
There are several Chick-fil-A locations in Portland, but this will be the first location south of that metro area. According to Chick-fil-A's website, there is another location opening soon in Bend.
- Chick-fil-A plans to open Medford location before end of January
- Medford Chick-fil-A location approved to begin construction
- Chick-fil-A Submits Building Plans for Medford Approval
- Medford Chick-fil-A prepares for grand opening on Thursday
- Chick-fil-A Files for Building Permit in Medford
- Police chase cow near Chick-Fil-A
- Chick-fil-A kicks off Medford opening with a year of free chicken for campers
- Chick-fil-A adds mac and cheese to the menu
- Market of Choice plans for new Medford location
- Chick-fil-A will start selling bottles of its signature sauce