MEDFORD, Ore -- Republic Services of Grants Pass, Rogue Disposal & Recycling and Southern Oregon Sanitation are now accepting certain jugs and bottles for recycling.
About two years ago these items were no longer allowed to be recycled in Southern Oregon, because of the recycling crisis. China could no longer take these plastics. In the press release it says, "Since the crisis, these three companies have worked tirelessly to create a cleaner recycling stream and help stabilize the domestic market so that more materials could be accepted."
If you want to recycle your jugs or bottles there are a few requirements:
- The neck must be smaller than the base of the container.
- It has to be a #1 or #2. This number can found on the inside of the recycle triangle. It should be on the bottom of the container.
- Make sure you throw away the lid.
- Rinse out the container before adding it to recycling.
- Your recyclables needs to be in a cart. Bottles in a plastic bag will not be accepted at the curb.
If you have any questions you can reach out to your recycling department:
Republic Services of Grants Pass: http://local.republicservices.com/site/Grants-Pass
Rogue Disposal & Recycling: https://roguedisposal.com/
Southern Oregon Sanitation: https://www.sosanitation.com/