ASHLAND, Ore. — Ashland High School will welcome all comers for a ceremony in the honor of Officer Malcus Williams this Saturday, March 17. Officer Williams died while on duty of a “major medical event.”
A procession led by law enforcement will arrive at Ashland High at 10:00 a.m., after which the family of Officer Williams will have a private moment in the high school gymnasium. Members of law enforcement and the Concordia Women’s Basketball Team will be seated prior to any members of the public.
Previous Stories on Officer Williams:
Members of the public should stage at a waiting area by the Ashland High School Theater, located to the south of the gymnasium. Restrooms and coffee will be available inside the theater.
After the private moment, the public will be admitted to the Ashland High gymnasium. The Ashland Police Department (APD) asks that members of the public begin entering no later than 10:20 a.m.
For safety reasons, all bags brought to the venue will have to be searched. APD advises that the public avoid bringing any bags to the ceremony.
Once the gymnasium is filled, overflow guests will be directed to the theater to view a livestream of the event.
The Ashland Police have provided a diagram to help guests find their way on Saturday, below.
- Ceremony for Fallen Ashland Police Officer Will Proceed on Saturday
- Community Remembers Fallen Ashland Police Officer
- Ashland Officer Malcus Williams Approved for Fallen Law Enforcement Memorial
- 'Wreaths Across America' Ceremony Honors Fallen Veterans
- Ashland Police Asks Community To Support Oregon Fallen Badge Foundation
- UPDATE: Medal of Ultimate Sacrifice Approved for Fallen Ashland Police Officer
- Ashland Water
- Ashland Police Officer Dies on Duty from 'Major Medical Event'
- Ashland Police "Mistakenly" Arrest African American Man
- Volunteers Save Ashland Police Department $84,302