Central Point, Ore -- A lot of families rely on free and reduced lunch programs during the school year, but wonder what to do during the summer break. Central Point School District 6 has a free summer meal program, aimed at making sure children don't go hungry during the summer.
The meals are free for all kids between the ages of 1 and 18. The meals are available free of charge, and no paperwork or registration is needed to get one. Just show to any of the sites listed below.
- Gold Hill Library: Lunch is served from 12:00 p.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the park area connected to the library. Meals are available from June 17 to August 2.
- Crater High School: Breakfast is served from 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. Lunch is served from 11:00 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. Meals are available from June 17 to August 30.
- Don Jones Park: Lunch is served from 11:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Meals are available from June 16 to August 2.
- Robert Pfaff Park: Lunch is served from 11:35 to 12:30 p.m. Meals are available from June 16 to August 2.
- Central Point Elementary: Lunch is served from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Meals are available from July 1 to August 16.
- Jewett Elementary: Breakfast is served from 8:30 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. Lunch is served from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Meals are available from August 5 to August 16.
The Medford School District also has a summer meal program. You can click here to see the full list of places and times.
To get a list of other sites serving free summer meals, you can also text "FOOD" or "COMIDA" to 877-877. You'll receive a message asking for your zip code, address or city. You'll then receive a list sent straight to your phone of all the programs that are closest to you and their hours of operation. You can watch our video walking you through the process, by clicking this link.
- Central Point summer meal program
- Central Point Debuts Rec & Go Program
- Text "FOOD" to see free summer meal programs near you
- Summer meal options for those in need
- Costco Relocates to Central Point
- Suspects Identified in Central Point Armed Robbery
- Barn Fire in Central Point Under Investigation
- Truck Crashes Into Central Point Home
- CraterWorks Makerspace Coming To Central Point
- Central Point Police Looking For Burglary Suspect