CENTRAL POINT, Ore. — The City of Central Point is preparing to begin drive-in movies at the Jackson County Expo, according to a statement from city officials on Tuesday. The "Rogue Drive-In" begins on Friday, June 5.
"This drive-in movie partnership was created to bring the joy of summer movies in the park and the nostalgia of drive-in movies to one fantastic event," the City said. "With our ever changing world, we as a community would like to bring a sense of normalcy to an already confusing time."
The project represents a partnership between the City of Central Point and the Expo, which were looking to create fun, family-friendly events for the local community.
Medford started a similar drive-in movie offering this month, debuting with The Sandlot on May 15.
Movies begin on June 5 and will be showing every Friday and Saturday night through the rest of the month, with new movies each week. Tickets go on sale Monday, June 1, at $5 per person, and the showings will be limited to 50 vehicles per night. Tickets must be bought in advance at the Expo website.
The first two movies will be Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) and Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker.
Central Point included a list of guidelines necessary for the drive-in movies to be compliant with state restrictions:
- Guests must remain in vehicles at all times except to visit the designated restroom(s). Guests are encouraged to wear face covering when using the restroom.
- Guests must at all times remain a distance of at least 6 feet from guests from other households.
- One person will be permitted in a restroom at a time, except one adult may accompany children.
- Vehicles must be parked at least 10 feet apart in locations designated by Expo staff. Vans, trucks, SUV and other vehicles that may obstruct the screen from other guests may be required to park in designated rows.
- The speed limit for all vehicles is 5 MPH.
- Concessions are closed.
- Sale of goods or services by guests is prohibited.
- Guests may not sit or place any object on the roof of a vehicle that may obstruct the view of other guests.
- Drugs, alcoholic beverages, cannabis products, and tobacco products are prohibited.
- Headlights, parking lights, and interior lights must remain off while parked and during the movie.
- Guests may not re-enter a movie after leaving the Expo.
- Cooking, grilling, or other food preparation is prohibited.
- Pets are not permitted (services animals are permitted).
- We ask that guests at all times be respectful of other guests and Expo staff. Guests who fail to comply with these rules, Jackson County or Expo policies, or applicable laws may be dismissed from the Expo without refund.