CENTRAL POINT, Ore. —
UPDATE: Deputies have released the identity of man killed in a car crash near Central Point over the weekend.
54-year-old Robin Christopher Murphy of the 300-block of Robleda Drive in Central Point was ejected from the vehicle when it left the roadway and rolled over. Murphy was pronounced dead at the scene.
Murphy's family has been notified of his death. JCSO says that no further updates are available at this time. A toxicology report is still pending.
(Updated as of 4 p.m. on Monday, July 2)
INITIL POST: The Jackson County Sheriff’s Office deputies say one man died in a single-car crash overnight. The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
Law enforcement says on July 1, 2018, at 2:04 a.m., dispatch received a 911 call reporting a rollover crash in the 9500-block of Table Rock Road, just west of Modoc Road. Deputies say they arrived to find the driver of a white 2004 Dodge Dakota pickup had been ejected and was unresponsive. Deputies say he was pronounced dead at the scene by Fire District #3 medics.
Deputies say the vehicle was headed northwest on Table Rock Road. They say the vehicle went off the road in a curve, rolled, and came to rest in an orchard. Law enforcement says nobody else was in the vehicle.
Deputies identified the driver as a 54-year-old Central Point man. The driver’s next of kin were notified of his death; however, his name will be released at a later time to allow for additional family notification.
An investigator from the medical examiner’s office responded to the scene. Routine toxicology tests will be performed to determine whether alcohol or drugs contributed to the crash. Lab results are typically not available for several weeks.
- UPDATE: Deputies Identify Central Point Man Killed in Rollover Crash
- Two Injured In Rollover Crash In Central Point
- Driver Dead After Early Morning Rollover Crash Near Central Point
- Investigators Suspect Alcohol in Central Point Rollover Crash
- Law enforcement identifies man killed in Sams Valley rollover crash
- UPDATE: Deputies Identify Teen Killed In Foothill Road Crash
- Suspects Identified in Central Point Armed Robbery
- UPDATE: Crash Now Cleared on I-5 Northbound in Central Point
- Authorities identify man shot, killed in fight on Central Point property
- Truck Crashes Into Central Point Home