CAVE JUNCTION, Ore. -- Around 5p.m. on April 25th Illinois Valley Fire District was dispatched to a grass fire near the intersection of Holland Loop and Maurer Drive.
IVFD fire investigators determined the fire was started by a short-circuit in the wiring of an irrigation pump. A wire laying on the ground that lead to the pump had been damaged during the winter. The first time the owner turned on the pump, an electrical arc caused the grass around it to ignite.
IVFD says the owner responded correctly, turning off the power line to the pump and was using a garden hose to extinguish the flames until fire crews arrived.
The fire burned an 8 ft. circle.
- Cave Junction grass fire started by electrical short
- Grass Fire in Cave Junction Under Investigation
- Death Investigation in Cave Junction
- OSP Confirms Shots Fired In Cave Junction
- 15-acre Fire Burns Near Cave Junction
- Missing Cave Junction Woman Found Safe
- Officer-Involved Shooting in Cave Junction
- Cave Junction Bingo Fanatic Celebrates 100th Birthday
- Police Investigate Serial Arsonist Near Cave Junction
- Cave Junction Expands Smoking & Vaping Ban