NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Country music star Carrie Underwood is recuperating from injuries sustained in a fall on steps outside her home.
In a statement Sunday on Twitter, Underwood thanked her fans for messages of support following her fall Friday night.
The Tennessean reports Underwood was treated and released from a hospital for a broken wrist, cuts and abrasions. Her husband, retired NHL hockey star Mike Fisher, traveled to Nashville to be with her.
Underwood wrote that "I'll be alright...might just take some time...glad I've got the best hubby in the world to take care of me."
A statement from an Underwood spokesperson says she will miss a benefit concert Sunday in Nashville for victims of the Oct. 1 Las Vegas shooting and hurricanes in Florida, Texas, Puerto Rico and the Caribbean.
- Carrie Underwood Misses Las Vegas Benefit Concert due to Broken Wrist
- Treating Broken Bones
- 2019 'Best of Britt' Benefit Concert Features Songwriter Kris Kristofferson
- Britt Orchestra Concerts Move Indoors Due to Smoke
- Valley Cab Carrying Naloxone
- SNAP Benefits Issued Early Due to Government Shutdown
- Attorneys Filing Las Vegas Shooting Lawsuits have 450 Plantiffs
- Underground Tunnel Transit System Proposed For Las Vegas
- Benefit Screening Supports AIFF
- Health Benefits of Gratitude