Photo Gallery 3 Images
MEDFORD, Ore. --
UPDATE: The U.S. Post Office on Riverside in Medford will remain closed until the building is deemed safe to go inside, according to a USPS representative on the scene. They will be sending for officials from Portland to come and check the building's structural integrity.
According to Medford Police (MPD), emergency services were notified of the crash just after 10 a.m. They believe that the crash was the result of driver error.
The driver told officers that his foot slipped off the brake as he pproached the building, causing his pickup to lurch forward into the side of the Post Office.
Officers have not cited the driver, but MPD indicated that the Department of Motor Vehicles will likely require that the driver re-take the test for his license to ensure that he can still properly operate a vehicle.
No one was hurt in the incident, and the truck is currently being towed away.
(Updated 11/29/18 at 10:50 a.m.)
INITIAL REPORT: A car has crashed into the front of the United States Post Office on Riverside Ave. No injuries have been reported. The post office is closed until further notice.
This is a developing story. NewsWatch 12 is on the scene to gather more information.
- Car Crashes Into Post Office On Riverside Ave. in Medford
- Medford Post Office Offers Holiday Retail Hours
- Car Crashes into Utility Pole in Medford
- Medford Police Sees Spike in Car Thefts
- Medford Police Seek Car Theft Suspect
- Post Office Workers Anticipate Tax Day Rush
- Medford Police Officer Gives Girl Replacement Bike
- Accident Slows Traffic on Crater Lake Ave
- Car Full of Students Crashes Mile from South Medford High School
- UPDATE: Power Outage in West Medford Caused by Car Crash, Now Resolved