MEDFORD, Ore. — Two Republicans and four Democrats will be running for Oregon State Senator of District 3 after DeBoer decided not to run again.
NewsWatch 12 was able to talk to two of those candidates recently.
Jessica Gomez is running as a Republican, and will face Curt Ankerberg in the Republican primary. According to Gomez' website, she is the Founder and CEO of Rogue Valley Microdevices, Inc., the first microelectronics manufacturing company in Southern Oregon.
Gomez developed a love for high-tech entrepreneurship after holding positions at Standard Microsystems in the 1990’s and then Integrated Micromachines, Inc. in 2001. In 2003, Gomez relocated to Southern Oregon and founded Rogue Valley Microdevices, Inc. Jessica is an active member of the community and is dedicated to supporting economic development.
Kevin Stine is running as a Democrat, and will be facing Jeff Golden, Athena Goldberg, and Julian Bell. According to Stine's website, he served for 9 1/2 years in the U.S. Navy—completing three deployments aboard submarines, working in communications, as an electronics technician and radioman.
Since receiving honorable discharge from the Navy, Stine was elected to the Medford City Council in 2014. He has also worked at ACCESS, assisting homeless veterans with housing.
- Candidates Line Up to Replace State Senator DeBoer
- DeBoer to Host Town Halls in Medford and Ashland
- State Senate Candidates Respond To Attack Mailers
- State Senate Candidates to Attend Town Hall Meeting
- Longtime State Foster Care Manager to be Replaced
- Oregon state Senator Jackie Winters passes away
- School wireless safety bill passes state senate
- GOP-Leaning States Line Up to Require Work for Medicaid
- Medford Police Officer Gives Girl Replacement Bike
- Fundraising Begins For Medford Replacement Playground