MEDFORD, Ore. -- Medford Fire Rescue says a burning campsite was sending off dense, black, noxious smoke.
Fire crews say they responded to the reported grass fire under the 8th street bridge on May 19, 2018. MFR says the campsite was burning under the bridge.
Due to wood pallets, carpet, and other materials the fire was putting of harmful smoke and burning very hot.
MFR says no injuries were reported. City public works will be inspecting the utility piping and conduits that run under the bridge, and were damaged by the fire.
- Campsite Burning Under Bridge Puts Off Noxious Smoke
- Piles of Garbage Causing Problems For Campsites
- Finding New Smoke in Smoke
- Oregon OKs New Smoke Rules to Allow More Prescribed Burns
- Smoke now or smoke later: Oregon's controlled burn rule changes go into effect
- Sheriff: Missing Happy Camp man found 'alive and well' at campsite
- Smoked Fernet Old Fashioned
- Smoke Slows Business
- Smoke lingers on highways, hampering visibility following controlled burn near Chemult
- Lemon Dill with Smoked Salmon