KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. -- Some of the people who lost everything in the Camp Fire are making Southern Oregon their temporary home.
One Magalia family was desperate to find clean air for their daughter with congenital heart defects. They recently found refuge in a Klamath Falls hotel room, but it is only a temporary solution.
Devona Taylor, her husband, and their 8-year-old and 5-year-old daughters escaped the flames to Chico where they stayed for about a week.
Not long after that, the smoke became too much for their 5-year-old daughter, Mckinnley
Taylor said respirators have not helped and neither has medicine given by a doctor.
The family is hoping to move somewhere in Oregon.
Their house still stands in Magalia but is unlivable with toxins from ash and chemicals.
The family has started a GoFundMe page. You can click here if you would like to donate.